Mold toxicity can be mistaken for other diseases. Have you been having sinus issues and muscle aches but can’t understand why? Exposure to moldy environments or mold spores entering your home may be to blame.
Manhattan Integrative Medicine knows that it can be hard to tackle the true cause of your health issues. This is why we utilize a variety of tools to identify and remove mold from your system, such as blood testing and binders respectfully.
Biotoxin Illness (Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome or CIRS) is caused by exposure to fungi and their spores. Mold illness is a subcategory of Biotoxin Illness.
You may become sick if, specifically:
Mold exposure often causes allergy symptoms. These symptoms can vary based on whether you already have respiratory conditions or seasonal allergies:
All mold is toxic. The most dangerous of the mold toxins—which include Alternaria, Penicillium, and Fusarium—cause your immune system to overreact, which can impair your health in numerous ways, such as hindering your defense against infections.
Long-term mold exposure may cause:
Lengthy exposure to mold has been linked to diseases like bronchitis and hepatocellular carcinoma.
Mold toxicity can be diagnosed with a series of blood tests, such as a test that detects low vasoactive intestinal polypeptide, whose creation by the hypothalamus is impaired by mold.
Methods to test for the presence of mold in your environment include:
If you have symptoms but do not detect any mold in your environment, it’s possible that you contracted the mold from a previous environment, such as if you’ve recently changed homes.
Mold treatment is often a combination of removing the source of mold and then removing mold from your body.
If you’ve identified the presence of mold in your environment, getting rid of it may reduce your symptoms and prevent future episodes. Many household cleaners can remove mold, and it is recommended that you wear protective clothing, eyewear, and masks while using them.
Ways to prevent mold from growing in your home include investing in air purification products, specialized vacuums, water leak detectors, and moisture/water absorbing products.
If you cannot get rid of the mold, moving into a new home or work environment may be necessary.
Medications that are used to help destroy the mold in your body include itraconazole, fluconazole, and nose sprays like the colloidal silver nose spray Argentyn 23.
Consuming a binder is also an option. These substances latch onto mold toxins in your intestines, removing them through excretion and urination. Different types of binders come in liquid or capsule form.
You can take binders 30 minutes before you eat. Full results may be seen between 6 months and 2 years, with urine testing to monitor your progress.
Dr. Borenstein will work with you to determine which protocol or protocol combination is right for you, as well as the dosage and duration needed.